If you’ve been following The Running Mermaid on Instagram then you know that September was focused on getting your booty looking right and tight with my 30-day Squatember Challenge.
Each week I shared a new squat to incorporate into your workout regimen, along with my secret tips to give your tush an instant lift. I don’t know about you, but my booty is looking all kinds of fierce, and just because September is over doesn’t mean you have to stop with the squats.
Here is my 4-week workout schedule to help you maintain that mermaid badonk-a-donk.
Inspired by the surfers of Hawaii, this squat targets quads, hamstrings, hips booty and core.
1. Begin with your feet hip-width distance apart, toes facing forward and arms in a T.
2. Squat down and twist reaching your hand to the opposite foot while engaging the core.
3. Raise back up squeezing your booty tight, then switch sides to complete one rep.
Spread those Aloha vibes with the Shaka Squat. This move targets your lower body, arms and core while improving your balance.
1. Begin with feet hip-width distance apart.
2. Squat down, while raising your right arm.
3. Press through your left foot brining your knee to the opposite elbow.
Repeat on the other side to complete one rep.
Shine like the salty star you are with my Starfish Squat. This move works focuses on your inner thighs, hips, calves, forearms and shoulders.
1. Begin with feet turned out, hip-width distance apart.
2. Squat down while lowering your arms in front of you.
3. Raise up through the balls of your feet, balancing on your toes and brining your arms to a high-v.
The most badass squat around will boost your heart rate helping you burn fat and work up a sweat.
1. Begin with feet hip-width distance apart and arms in a high-v.
2. Squat down.
3. Jump up, brining your knees to your elbows.
4. Land softly through the balls of your feet to complete one rep.
These squats will get the booty burning leaving you with an apple bottom worthy of a mermaid. Feel free to check-in with me on insta by tagging @therunningmermaid in all your workout pictures.
xx Fins & Kisses,